Where: Madison, WI
Who: University of Wisconsin
Field: Live Broadcast / Sports / TV News / Technical Operations
Type: Full Time
The Wisconsin Badgers are looking for a Broadcast Engineer to setup, maintain and repair all broadcast video equipment used to further fan engagement and brand development for our video board and streaming productions. This role should be pursued by a self-motivated individual with high technical and troubleshooting skills. Our goal is for this individual to put forth high-level products and experiences to the diverse audiences that pass through our venues on game day.
- Coordinate the set-up and tear down of broadcast equipment for video board and streaming events at various indoor and outdoor locations;
- Oversee the configuration and installation of all broadcast systems;
- Maintain, repair and test all broadcast cameras, peripheral equipment, LED displays, and infrastructure for all the athletic venues;
- Work as a member of the live production team to identify, analyze and resolve system problems as they arise;
- Serve as a video liaison between the department and various broadcast partners at different venues.
- Develop procedure and documentation for managing and implementing new and existing video equipment and system updates;
- Inventory, document functionality and determine replacement schedules for video related hardware to include but not be limited to: descriptions, locations, value, warranties;
- Lead video infrastructure design, modification updates and implementation efforts;
- Manage warranties and service contracts. Work with vendors to repair equipment in a timely manner and monitor and record all costs associated with repairs.
- Train and guide students, and staff on use of video equipment and software;
- A minimum of four years of control room, remote or mobile unit experience in broadcast engineering and equipment maintenance for broadcast television or a video production environment;
- Must possess a valid driver's license;
- Ability to work nights and weekends as required by events.
- Extensive knowledge of design, documentation and integration of television and post-production systems;
- Proficient skills related to installing, repairing and terminating various types of cables;
- Extensive technical knowledge of control room systems such as routers, servers, switchers, replay, graphics, cameras and other video related equipment;
- Strong troubleshooting skills with ability to precisely identify problems and solutions on-the-fly;
- Demonstrated aptitude for learning new technologies, evidence by the ability to expand upon core knowledge;
- Ability to successfully plan, coordinate and execute tactically and strategically;
- Ability to multi-task and work effectively in a time sensitive, fast-paced environment;
- Ability to lift up to 40 pounds;
- Effective oral and written communication skills;
- Extensive sports knowledge.
* We have partnered with ProductionHUB to provide you with the most valuable and exclusive job service in the industry.