Where: Notre Dame, IN
Who: University of Notre Dame
Field: Live Broadcast / Sports / TV News / Technical Operations
Type: Full Time
All University of Notre Dame faculty and staff are required to be vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide verification of full vaccination. Faculty and staff may apply for an exemption from the vaccination requirement for medical, religious, or other strongly held beliefs. Those granted an exemption must participate in weekly surveillance testing and continue to mask indoors while on campus.
Job Title Broadcast Operations, Lead Producer
Notre Dame Athletics is committed to building a diverse workforce passionate about maximizing the student-athlete experience. Our pillars of Education; Excellence; Faith; Tradition; and Community guide us in the work we do each day. We are eager to attract, recruit, and retain individuals who positively contribute to a collaborative, inclusive working environment where all may thrive.
Building on the University’s Spirit of Inclusion, we are committed to the work needed to cultivate sustainable progress and change. As a prospective member of Notre Dame Athletics, we encourage you to apply if you embrace, embody, and demonstrate a commitment to the aforementioned values.
Working under the supervision of the Assistant Athletic Director for Live Events this position will work within the award-winning Fighting Irish Media (FIM) Department, in state-of-the-art broadcast facilities and support the execution for all live production creation across the entire Notre Dame Athletics department. Notre Dame’s partnerships with NBC/ESPN gives us the opportunity to have incredible exposure across the United States and World, and this role will be supportive of making sure Notre Dame Athletics is represented in the highest fashion possible. This role must have a strong knowledge and understanding of all technical aspects of live event productions. Additionally, this individual must have strong internal communication skills, incredible organized, and innovative in the live production space – all while being a great teammate to the entire Athletics Department staff. This position will engage in live broadcast trends and bring findings back to FIM, with the hope of enhancing the successes of Notre Dame athletics, from an external perspective.
- This role will serve as a primary contact with the ESPN/ACCN production department, and will be involved in communication, operations, and execution of ESPN, ACCN & Peacock broadcasts.
- This role will be responsible for overseeing, managing, and executing broadcasts (both linear & digital) and supporting videoboard show for our Varsity sports, as appointed.
- This role will collaborate with the Lead Producer, Videoboard Operations & the Student Coordinator Position, residing in Notre Dame Studios, to build & manage a student-worker program focused on live event and videoboard production for all necessary broadcast sports.
- This role will serve as a point of contact with Notre Dame Studios, collaborating on all FIM production needs and managing equipment/booking facilities.
-This role will assist in managing the reimbursement revenue and costs associated with all FIM live broadcasts.
In joining the Notre Dame family, you will become part of a great work culture that values a distinct mission. You’ll be able to share your talents with some amazing people, and in turn, learn from others who want to support your development. Not to mention, we offer best-in-class benefits. If you think you have what it takes to be a Rockstar in our program, hit apply and tell us more!
Bachelor’s degree (4 years)
2 to 3 years experience in production related field
Proficiency in broadcast control room positions and setup including but not limited to Technical Directing, Producing, Directing, Graphics & Replay
Experience with Adobe Creative Cloud design applications (Premiere, Photoshop, After Effects)
Understanding of and compliance with NCAA, ACC, and ND rules and regulations is imperative
3 to 5 years experience in production related field
Knowledge of ESPN school PCR production workflow
* We have partnered with ProductionHUB to provide you with the most valuable and exclusive job service in the industry.