Where: Madison, WI
Who: University of Wisconsin
Field: Live Broadcast / Sports / TV News / Technical Operations
Type: Full Time
The University of Wisconsin Athletic department is looking for a Broadcast Engineer to setup, maintain and repair all broadcast equipment used for video board and streaming productions.
- Coordinate the set-up and tear down of broadcast equipment for video board and streaming events at various indoor and outdoor locations;
- Oversee the configuration and installation of all broadcast systems;
- Maintain, repair and test all broadcast cameras, peripheral equipment, LED displays, and infrastructure for all the athletic venues;
- Work as a member of the live production team to identify, analyze and resolve system problems as they arise;
- Serve as a video liaison between the department and various broadcast partners at different venues;
- Develop procedure and documentation for managing and implementing new and existing video equipment and system updates;
- Inventory, document functionality and determine replacement schedules for video related hardware to include but not be limited to: descriptions, locations, value, warranties;
- Lead video infrastructure design, modification updates and implementation efforts;
- Manage warranties and service contracts. Work with vendors to repair equipment in a timely manner and monitor and record all costs associated with repairs;
- Train and guide students, and staff on use of video equipment and software.
- A minimum of four years of control room, remote or mobile unit experience in broadcast engineering and equipment maintenance for broadcast television or a video production environment;
- Ability to work nights and weekends as required by events;
- Extensive knowledge of design, documentation and integration of television and post-production systems;
- Proficient skills related to installing, repairing and terminating various types of cables;
- Extensive technical knowledge of control room systems such as routers, servers, switchers, replay, graphics, cameras and other video related equipment;
- Strong troubleshooting skills with ability to precisely identify problems and solutions on-the-fly;
- Demonstrated aptitude for learning new technologies, evidence by the ability to expand upon core knowledge;
- Ability to successfully plan, coordinate and execute tactically and strategically;
- Ability to multi-task and work effectively in a time sensitive, fast-paced environment;
- Ability to lift up to 40 pounds;
- Effective oral and written communication skills;
- Extensive sports knowledge.
* We have partnered with ProductionHUB to provide you with the most valuable and exclusive job service in the industry.