Where: Dallas, TX
Who: SportsMEDIA Technology
Field: Live Broadcast / Sports / TV News / Technical Operations
ABOUT THE ROLE
Here’s your chance to "Score” with SMT, the industry leader in sports broadcast technology. The Broadcast Technician will have the opportunity to work with SMT’s award-winning and globally recognized Player and Puck tracking technology for the Dallas Stars.
The successful candidate will be an avid hockey fan who understands basic computer knowledge and broadcast technical integrations, while also having strong communication skills. This position requires an exceptional attention span to simultaneously monitor computer applications, follow the events of the game without becoming distracted and effectively communicate with other team members. This position requires reporting to the American Airlines Center and candidates must be able to meet this requirement to be considered for the position.
This is a seasonal position.
YOUR DAILY IMPACT AT SMT
• Verify all tracking system components are in working order
• Work directly with broadcast mobile unit engineers to confirm video and communication feeds
• Create and continue an open communication platform with NHL and Network personnel
• Communications with NHL & SMT staff onsite and in Durham for pre-game verification of Player and Puck Tracking deliverables
• Operation of the tracking system during games
• Perform system maintenance, when necessary
• Troubleshoot system components – computers, cameras, cables, and networks
• Relay system issues to support staff for repair or replacement
WHAT YOU BRING TO SMT
• Extensive PC gaming skills (use of hotkeys and gaming mouses are pluses)
• TV broadcast background preferred
• Excellent attention to detail
• Basic understanding of hockey terminology and game play
• Strong verbal communication and interpersonal skills
• Knowledge of computer hardware, software, and Windows OS
• Open availability (must be available to work daytime, night, weekend, and holiday games)
• Ability to:
Quickly process feedback from the system and adjust in real time
Work well under pressure and complete tasks on time
Follow daily checklists and other written procedures
* We have partnered with ProductionHUB to provide you with the most valuable and exclusive job service in the industry.